Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
Entered for safe-keeping. From First 3/09/09. The magazine states that the scallions help to reduce blood sugar, although IMHO the chutney would negate that benefit.
- Heat broiler. Soak 9-18 toothpicks in water.
- Place scallop halves on clean work surface; top with ginger.
- Roll 1 bacon slice around each scallop.
- Top each bacon-wrapped scallop with 2 scallion strips, securing with toothpicks.
- Using pastry brush, coat bacon-wrapped scallops with 1/2 cup chutney.
- Arrange scallop skewers on broiler pan.
- Broil 8 minutes, or until scallops are just opaque and bacon is crisp, turning once and brushing with remaining 1/4 cup chutney.