Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
From "Real Simple" magazine.
- 1 cup long grain white rice, cooked according to package directions and kept warm
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon olive oil
- 24 ounces salmon fillets (skinless)
- lemon wedge, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium high heat; add green beans, shallots, garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook, tossing occasionally, until crisp tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
- Add 1/4 cup water, cover, and continue cooking until the beans are tender and the water has evaporated, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Heat the broiler; line rimmed baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon of oil; season with salt.
- Place salmon on baking sheet and broil for 5 minute; spoon brown sugar mixture over and broil, basting a couple of times, until salmon is cooked through, 2 to 4 minutes more.
This made a great dinner tonight. Moist and tasty salmon. Made for PRMR.