Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
Make and share this Glazed Rosemary-Lemon Butter Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons finely grated lemon zest
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons finely chopped fresh rosemary (do not use dried)
- 1 cup powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- salt, a pinch
- Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl; set aside.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, using paddle attachment, beat the butter on medium speed until creamy, about 30 seconds.
- Add in sugar and beat until blended; about 1 minute.
- Add in egg yolks, vanilla extract, lemon zest, and rosemary; beat until blended.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat another 30 seconds.
- Decrease speed to low and add the dry ingredients, mixing just until a smooth dough forms.
- Scrape the dough out onto a work surface and divide it in half.
- Shape each piece into an 11-inch log about 1 ¼ inches in diameter.
- Wrap each log in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour, until firm.
- Position oven rack in center of oven; preheat oven to 350°.
- Make glaze: in the bowl of an electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, beat the powdered sugar, butter, heavy cream, lemon zest, and salt on medium speed just until combined, about 30 seconds.
- Cover the surface of the glaze with plastic wrap and set aside at room temperature until ready to use.
- When ready to bake—unwrap one of the logs; slice the log into ¼ inch thick rounds, cutting only enough cookies to fit on one baking sheet, and arranging them about 1 inch apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Refrigerate remaining dough until the cookies have baked.
- Bake 9-11 minutes, until the edges of the cookies just start to turn golden.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack and let them cool for just 2-3 minutes (cookies should be glazed while they are still warm).
- Using a small offset spatula, spread a thin layer of the glaze onto each warm cookie.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Repeat the cutting, baking, and glazing process with the remaining dough.
- *Glazed Blueberry-Lemon Butter Cookies—substitute ½ cup dried blueberries for the rosemary.