An easy, tasty, low fat roast pork tenderloin with a honey-mustard-citrus-spice glaze. From Prevention's The Healthy Cook.
- Combine in a small bowl Dijon mustard, honey, orange juice, zest, cinnamon and allspice.
- Set aside.
- Place the pork tenderloin on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- Roast in a preheated 325 F oven for 30-45 minutes, or until pork reaches an internal temperature of 160 F.
- During the last 10 minutes of cooking, brush the pork occasionally with the mustard mixture.
- Remove pork from oven.
- Let stand for 5 minutes before cutting crosswise into slices and serving.
This was fabulous! I used the zest and juice of a whole orange and put it on the roast when I put it in the oven. The flavor sank into the meat. YUM! The only thing I would do differently next time is to add less allspice (I don't measure anything) because I added just a little too much.
A very easy, moist and tender pork loin. I had never cooked a pork loin before, now I am a big fan of it. DH and I did not care for the flavor of the glaze, however it would be very easy to adjust the flavor to our personal tastes and will definitely try this again.
This glaze is wonderful! The meat was moist and after 35 minutes it was ready for the glaze then 10 more uncovered In fact it is so good that I am making another small batch of glaze and use it on the piece of tenderloin that I had left over. I will slice the tenderloin into medalions, cover them with foil , heat for 10 min in 350F oven uncover and paint the medallions with the glaze. This will really saturate the flavor into the pork. Loved the flavor and the color is worth a picture. Thanks Zenith for an easy tasty recipe