Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is just a basic cake for a tube pan. It makes 12 servings, so is a good size.
- 4 1⁄2 cups sifted cake flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder, plus
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter (softened) or 1 cup margarine (softened)
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups milk, plus
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 (12 ounce) canwhite decorator icing, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Spray tube pan with vegetable spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla to creamed mixture and beat until thoroughly mixed.
- Add flour mixture to creamed mixture alternatively with millk, beating well after each addition.
- Continue beating 1 minute.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 40-45 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool 15 minutes. Gently loosen sides and turn out onto cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Drizzle with melted icing.
- Makes 12 servings.