Prep 5 mins
Cook 22 mins
The fennel seeds make these spicy nuts deliciously different.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons fennel seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup raw whole almond
- 1 tablespoon water
- preheat oven to 325 F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment or silpat.
- Mix the almonds and the oil together, stirring until almonds have a touch of oil covering them.
- Combine sugar, fennel seeds, crushed red pepper and salt in medium bowl.
- Mix in almonds and 1 tablespoon water.
- Spread mixture on prepared baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake until sugar melts and almonds are deep golden brown and glazed, stirring often, about 22 minutes.
- Separate almonds with fork; cool completely on sheet.
- This will keep for 1 week stored in plastic bag.
I made these for Iftaar today in the evening. I used 1/4 tsp. of red chilli powder as a substitute for dried red pepper flakes(since I don't get that here). These are ok taste-wise.