Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Make and share this Glazed Raspberry Jam Thumbprint Cookies recipe from Food.com.
- 2⁄3 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, yolks and whites separated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla, separated
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted
- 3⁄4 cup walnuts, finely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry preserves (or any flavor you like)
- 1 1⁄4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk (more if needed)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream together butter and granulated sugar until fluffy.
- Add 2 egg yolks, 1 tsp vanilla, and salt; beat well.
- Gradually add flour, mixing well.
- Shape into 3/4-inch balls.
- Dip into slightly beaten egg whites then roll in chopped walnuts.
- Place 1 inch apart on greased cookie sheet.
- Press down center of each with thumb.
- Fill thumb prints with preserves.
- Bake at 350F for 15 to 17 minutes.
- Mix milk and 1/2 tsp vanilla into confectioners' sugar, adding more milk if necessary to make a glaze.
- Drizzle glaze onto warm cookies and allow to cool.