Prep 20 mins
Cook 16 mins
this make a jelly roll pan full..nice to prepare and take to a cookout...
- 1 1⁄2 cups raisins
- 1 1⁄4 cups boiling water
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Place raisins in bowl and cover with boiling water and let stand 5 minutes.
- drain, reserving 1 cup liquid.
- mix dry ingredients and add to wet and then add reserved raisin liquid -- Stir well to blend completely --
- pour into a greased jelly roll pan.
- bake at 375* for 16-20 minutes.
- cool on wire rack 15 minutes --
- prepare glaze of 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar.
- 1 tbls butter, melted and 3-4 tbls milk.mix till of spreading consistency and spread on slightly cooled cake.
- let stand on wire rack till set.