Prep 5 hrs
Cook 30 mins
Rack of Lamb with Honey Pecan Glaze
- 2 racks of lamb (about 1.5lbs)
- 4 tablespoons rosemary (fresh if possible)
- 4 cloves garlic (minced)
- fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 small onion
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup honey
- 1 ounce Southern Comfort
- 1⁄8 cup crushed pecans
- Combine marinade ingredients and marinade rack of lamb for a minimum of 4-6 hours prior to preparation.
- Refrigerate, and turn ocasionally.
- Combine honey and Southern Comfort in a preheated saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a boil then reduce heat while stirring constantly for about 10 minutes.
- Add crushed pecans and reduce mixture to a thick syrup.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In an ovenproof skillet, heat a tbsp of olive oil on medium and place the marinated rack of lamb, fat side down in the skillet and allow to cook for about 2 minutes (should be golden brown).
- Pour the glaze liberally over the top of the rack of lamb, and allow to cook an additional minute, being careful not to burn.
- Place the ovenproof skillet with the rack of lamb in the preheated oven, and cook until rare (about 18-25 minutes or 145-150 degrees F at the centre).
- Remove from oven, and allow to stand for 5 minutes before serving.