Prep 30 mins
Cook 9 mins
I found this recipe in the Better Homes and Gardens Grilling Cookbook.
- 1⁄2 cup bourbon grilling sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 24 large shrimp, in shells (fresh or frozen)
- 8 slices prosciutto, thin slices (or shaved ham)
- 1 (10 ounce) packagelemon couscous or 1 (10 ounce) packageparmesan couscous
- Thaw shrimp, if frozen. Peel and devein shrimp. Rinse and pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together grilling sauce and chili powder. Cut each prosciutto slice lengthwise into three strips. Wrap 1 strip prosciutto around each shrimp.
- On 4 metal skewers thread shrimp, leaving 1/2" space between each piece. Brush shrimp with sauce.
- Grill shrimp kabobs on the rack of an uncovered grill (if using coals) on medium heat for 6 - 9 minutes or until shrimp are opaque. If using gas, use medium heat and cover the grill.
- Prepare couscous according to package directions, except stir in 2 tsp finely shredded lemon peel or 1/2 C finely shredded Parmesan cheese/.
- Serve over Lemon or Parmesan couscous.
What a great recipe. I changed it a little bit to make it as an appetizer.I used a hickory apple rib sauce and added a liberal amount of Jim Beam, not too runny, and basted on the B.B.Q. for the alloted time. My son who hates shrimp, devoured it. No cheating, the prosciutto must be very high quality