Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
Got this recipe from Grain Free Gourmet (www.grainfreegourmet.com). It is insanely easy and super tasty. To make into banana bread, replace the vanilla with banana. Will also make 12 muffins, but cut the cooking time down to 20 minutes. There are 2 glaze options, both of which are super tasty, but you only need 1 :) The authors use the finest almond flour I have ever seen. It can be ordered from www.buyalmondflour.com
- 2 cups finely ground almond flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 2 tbso pure vanilla extract
- 3 large eggs
Dairy-Free Orange Glaze
- 3 tablespoons freshly squeezed orange juice, strained
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C) and line a greased 9x5 loaf pan with parchment paper (or muffin tin with muffin cups).
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Add the wet ingredients and whisk together until combined and smooth.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and bake until knife comes out clean when inserted, about 40 minutes.
- Dairy-Free Orange Glaze:.
- Heat the ingredients over high heat until they boil.
- Reduce heat to medium or medium high - just enough heat to keep the mixture bubbling vigorously and constantly.
- Boil for 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Drizzle over warm cake and serve.
- Butter-Honey Glaze:.
- Mix all ingredients until the glaze is even in color and texture. It should be runny and easy to pour.
- Let cool to room temperature.
- Place cooled cake on a serving plate. Drizzle the glaze over top, allowing it to run down the sides of the loaf.
- Refrigerate until glaze is set, at least 1 hour.
It's in the oven as I write this. I was a little skpetical about the vanilla extract. Two TBSP of vanille extract seems like a lot but I did it and it came out great! I baked it in a specialty pan called the Harvest Basket by Nordic Ware. I made two batches to fill this pan. I baked it at 350 for 40 minutes. Came out perfect. Everyone loved it! I served it with sliced strawberries, blueberries & blackberries along with home made whipped cream. Would be perfect plain with a cup of tea or coffee.
Has any one else tried this recipe before??? I love to read the reviews from others :) Happy Mother's Day to all of you moms out there :) I took pictures. I will try to post them.