Recipe by Oolala
Looks great in the photo served on a plate with asparagus and has interesting ingredients, like horseradish, currant jelly or cranberry sauce, sweet white wine. Not sure what cookbook this was in but my files are over-flowing so here it is.
- 2 (3/4 lb) pork tenderloin, trimmed, 1 1/2 lbs. total weight
- 1⁄2 cup currant jelly, can use jellied cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon bottled horseradish, grated, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup rhine wine, can use any sweet white wine
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Place tenderloins on meat rack in shallow roasting pan.
- Combine jelly and horseradish in microwavable dish or small saucepan. Heat high one minute in microwave or over low heat on stove top until jelly is melted; stir well.
- Brush half of mixture over tenderloins and roast for 30 minutes; then turn tenderloins over. Brush with the remaining jelly mixture and continue to roast another 30-40 minutes depending on thickness of tenderloins or until an instant meat thermometer register 160 degrees F.
- Transfer tenderloins to a cutting board; tent with foil. Let stand (rest) 10 minutes.
- Remove meat rack from pan and pour broth and wine into the pan. Place pan over stove burners; cook over medium high heat, stirring frequently and scraping up any browned bits, 4-5 minutes or until sauce is reduced to 1/2 cup. Strain sauce; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Carve tenderloins into thin slices. Serve with the sauce.