Recipe by Jewelies
I spent a day looking after a family members home while workmen were there to install a new security entranceway (they are away on holiday) so to keep me busy I decided to go through their cookbooks looking for some recipes to post on 'zaar.
Top Review by MarthaStewartWanabe
This was a very tasty recipe! It smelled wonderful while cooking. This is something I would only make once in a while due to its being high-calorie. It's definitely comfort food! I only made two adjustments--country-style pork ribs instead of spareribs and added a teaspoon of garlic powder. Yummy! Thank you!
- 60 g butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 500 g pork spareribs
- 1 cup apple juice
- 1 tablespoon cornflour (cornstarch)
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a large frying pan, stir in combined sugar, mustard, honey and lemon juice, stir over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add spare ribs to pan, stir over medium heat for about 5 minutes or until spare ribs are golden brown.
- Stir 3/4 cup of the apple juice into pan, bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered for 15 minutes.
- Blend cornflour with remaining apple juice and stir into pan, stir constantly over high heat until the sauce boils and thickens.