Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I adopted. I have used this glaze for pork loin in the past and it's wonderful. The original recipe calls for the roast to be cooked in the microwave, but I always bake mine in the oven so I have added oven instructions to the recipe.
- Make 4 slits in fat on pork roast with tip of sharp knife, insert a piece garlic in each slit.
- Sprinkle roast with salt.
- Mix marmalade, mustard and thyme, spread on roast.
- MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS Place roast in 16 x 10-inch cooking bag.
- Close bag loosely with string (leave hole the size of finger in closure).
- Place roast on microwve roast- ing rack in oblong baking dish 12 x 7 12 x 2-inches.
- Microwave on medium-low (30%) 30 minutes; turn roast over and turn dish one-half turn.
- Microwave until roast is done (170 degrees F on meat thermometer inserted in several different places in roast), 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes in bag in microwave.
- Serve with Meat Juices.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the pork loin which has been prepared with garlic and salt in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Spread marmalade mixture on roast during last 15 minutes of cook time.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing.
This glaze added a nice flavor to the loin. In addition to the thyme I also added a pinch of rosemary. After the loin was done I took the pan and put it on the stovetop, deglazed it with chicken broth and it made a delicious pan sauce. The next night we took the leftovers and made sandwiches on crusty bread with thinly sliced loin, bread and butter pickles, swiss cheese, mustard and cole slaw. This was my spin on a cuban pork sandwich and the entire family devoured them as well. An overall nice way to dress up a pork loin.
Very easy. It makes a beautiful roast. Everyone enjoyed. Served with roasted asparagus, mashed yams, and garden salad.
So, so good!!! I added 1/2 can of whole cranberries to the orange marmalade and mustard, then added baby carrots when almost done. Wonderful!! It would have be just as good if I didn't add anything, Thanks for the recipe!!! I also cooked it in a crockpot for 7 hours. So easy and delicious!!!!