Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is a recipe that I adopted. I have used this glaze for pork loin in the past and it's wonderful. The original recipe calls for the roast to be cooked in the microwave, but I always bake mine in the oven so I have added oven instructions to the recipe.
- Make 4 slits in fat on pork roast with tip of sharp knife, insert a piece garlic in each slit.
- Sprinkle roast with salt.
- Mix marmalade, mustard and thyme, spread on roast.
- MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS Place roast in 16 x 10-inch cooking bag.
- Close bag loosely with string (leave hole the size of finger in closure).
- Place roast on microwve roast- ing rack in oblong baking dish 12 x 7 12 x 2-inches.
- Microwave on medium-low (30%) 30 minutes; turn roast over and turn dish one-half turn.
- Microwave until roast is done (170 degrees F on meat thermometer inserted in several different places in roast), 20 to 25 minutes.
- Let stand 10 minutes in bag in microwave.
- Serve with Meat Juices.
- OVEN INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put the pork loin which has been prepared with garlic and salt in a roasting pan.
- Bake at 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- Spread marmalade mixture on roast during last 15 minutes of cook time.
- Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing.