Julie in TX's Note:
This is a recipe that I adopted. I have used this glaze for pork loin in the past and it's wonderful. The original recipe calls for the roast to be cooked in the microwave, but I always bake mine in the oven so I have added oven instructions to the recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Make 4 slits in fat on pork roast with tip of sharp knife, insert a piece garlic in each slit.
- 2Sprinkle roast with salt.
- 3Mix marmalade, mustard and thyme, spread on roast.
- 4MICROWAVE INSTRUCTIONS Place roast in 16 x 10-inch cooking bag.
- 5Close bag loosely with string (leave hole the size of finger in closure).
- 6Place roast on microwve roast- ing rack in oblong baking dish 12 x 7 12 x 2-inches.
- 7Microwave on medium-low (30%) 30 minutes; turn roast over and turn dish one-half turn.
- 8Microwave until roast is done (170 degrees F on meat thermometer inserted in several different places in roast), 20 to 25 minutes.
- 9Let stand 10 minutes in bag in microwave.
- 10Serve with Meat Juices.
- 11OVEN INSTRUCTIONS Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 12Put the pork loin which has been prepared with garlic and salt in a roasting pan.
- 13Bake at 20 minutes per pound or until a meat thermometer registers 160 degrees.
- 14Spread marmalade mixture on roast during last 15 minutes of cook time.
- 15Remove from oven and allow to rest for 10 minutes prior to slicing.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Pork Loin Roast
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 420.2
- Calories from Fat 219
- Total Fat 24.4 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 136.5 mg
- Sodium 397.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 45.1 g