Recipe by weekend cooker
Nice quick dinner, with a variety of seasonings.
Top Review by morgainegeiser
These had a great flavor and the pork chops turned out nice and tender. The only thing we did not like was the texture of the sauce that went on top - we found it was too "floury" and would have liked it thinner. Next time I will add very little or no flour.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless pork chops
- 3⁄4 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1⁄2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 medium tart apples, thinly sliced
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sprinkle pork chops with sage and salt.
- In a large skillet, brown chops in pil on both sides, and transfer to an 11x7 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Stir flour into pan drippings until blended.
- Gradually stir in broth, and vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened.
- Remove from heat.
- Arrange apples over chops, and sprinkle with brown sugar.
- Drizzle with broth mixture.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.