Recipe by Charmed
This is a delicious, very easy way to bake pork chops. I've found that some people like to also eat the apples that are cooked along with it, some prefer the pork chops and sauce without the apples. But don't leave them out because they are part of what create the resulting sauce, which is absolutely fantastic!!! The recipe is an old one from French's Worcestershire Sauce
Top Review by Amy Ann Ash
After reading the previous reviews, I decided to add a tablespoon of flour to the sauce and cook it on medium-low heat for about 10-12 minutes, stirring frequenlty once it boiled. It thickened up perfectly! I also doubled the sauce, put 1/2 on the pork while it cooked, and used the other half at serving time. It tasted INCREDIBLE!
- 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs pork steaks or 2 -2 1⁄2 lbs pork chops
- salt & pepper
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Spray a pan large enough to hold the chops in a single layer with non-stick spray.
- Season the pork steaks or chops with salt& pepper.
- Arrange them in single layer in the prepared pan.
- Cover (aluminum foil is fine) and bake for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chops from the pan and pour off the fat.
- Place the apples in the pan and top with the baked chops.
- Combine the water, brown sugar, worcestershire sauce and lemon juice, and pour over the pork and apples.
- Bake uncovered, basting occasionally, for 45 minutes or until pork is tender.