Recipe by foodtvfan
Easy to make tender oven baked pork chops. My family likes these chops with fresh steamed buttered green beans, or frozen peas mixed with fresh mushrooms sliced and sauteed lightly, and mashed potatoes.Tip: Fill a clean empty spice bottle (one with large holes in the shaker top) with cornstarch to use for dusting any meat before browning - a great tenderizer.
Top Review by DPar
We made this tonight for the two of us. We used two porkchops and cut the sauce in half. We served with squash which we threw in the oven first and then worked on the chops which we threw in the oven. It did not take a whole hour and this was very tender.
- 6 pork chops, 3/4 inch thick
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- vegetable oil
- 6 lemon slices, thin (or use lemon juice)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Rinse chops with cold water and pat dry.
- Sprinkle chops with salt and pepper.
- Dust with cornstarch on each side.
- Brown chops on both sides in a little oil.
- Place pork chops in single layer in lightly greased casserole dish.
- Place a slice of lemon on each chop, or sprinkle each chop with a little bottled lemon juice.
- Mix ketchup, brown sugar and water together.
- Pour sauce over chops, turning chops to make sure they are covered with sauce.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 1 hour, or until chops are tender.
- Turn chops after 30 minutes and baste with sauce.
- Check occasionally to prevent burning.
- Add a little water if necessary.