Prep 24 hrs
Cook 2 hrs
I'm a ex-OTR truck driver. I got this recipe from a ROAD KING Magazine Cookbook, YEARS ago...(more years than I care to think about). I've never tried it...WHY, I have NO idea, cuz it sure looks GOOD!!! Putting it on the Zaar for safe keeping!
- 7 inch thick pork chops (I prefer Rib chops)
- 118.29 ml soy sauce
- 236.59 ml water
- 118.29 ml light brown sugar
- 14.79 ml light molasses
- 4.92 ml salt
- 14.79 ml dry mustard
- 59.14 ml water
- 236.59 ml light brown sugar
- 453.59 g bottle ketchup
- 340.19 g bottle chili sauce
- The night before, mix the marinade ingredients & bring to a boil. Let cool.
- Place the pork chops in a zipper bag or container w/ a cover.
- Pour cooled marinade over chops, seal/cover & refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, place chops in a a baking pan, in a single-layer.
- Cover tightly w/ foil & bake for 2 hours at 325°.
- While the chops are baking, make the Red Sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients & heat to a boil, remove from heat & set aside.
- After chops have cooked, remove from pan & dip each chop into the sauce.
- Return to pan & bake UNcovered @ 350° for 30 minutes until glazed.
OMG, these are to die for!!! Made as directed and they were fall off the bone tender and the sauce was excellent. I used center-cut, bone-in rib chops and they were hard to keep together when dipping them in the sauce because they were so tender. Will definately make again; anytime I can find something that is not breaded chicken that my 4 yr old DS says he loves and ate an entire chop himself is a keeper!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.