Recipe by Ackman
I'm a ex-OTR truck driver. I got this recipe from a ROAD KING Magazine Cookbook, YEARS ago...(more years than I care to think about). I've never tried it...WHY, I have NO idea, cuz it sure looks GOOD!!! Putting it on the Zaar for safe keeping!
Top Review by AZPARZYCH
OMG, these are to die for!!! Made as directed and they were fall off the bone tender and the sauce was excellent. I used center-cut, bone-in rib chops and they were hard to keep together when dipping them in the sauce because they were so tender. Will definately make again; anytime I can find something that is not breaded chicken that my 4 yr old DS says he loves and ate an entire chop himself is a keeper!! Made for PAC Spring 2010.
- 6 3⁄4 inches thick pork chops (I prefer Rib chops)
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon light molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 1 (16 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle chili sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- The night before, mix the marinade ingredients & bring to a boil. Let cool.
- Place the pork chops in a zipper bag or container w/ a cover.
- Pour cooled marinade over chops, seal/cover & refrigerate overnight.
- Next day, place chops in a a baking pan, in a single-layer.
- Cover tightly w/ foil & bake for 2 hours at 325°.
- While the chops are baking, make the Red Sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients & heat to a boil, remove from heat & set aside.
- After chops have cooked, remove from pan & dip each chop into the sauce.
- Return to pan & bake UNcovered @ 350° for 30 minutes until glazed.