Recipe by Creation in Hope
This is a recipe from my Mom's recipe cards. I have not tried this.
Top Review by CarrolJ
I am shocked that no one has made and reviewed this recipe before. This is a fabulous recipe! It has wonderful flavor! I used some rather thick pork chops. Although I cooked mine in an electric skillet...I followed the instructions for cooking them. This was a great choice of recipes to make last night because my DH was late coming home from his errands and I just turned it down low and waited for him. I didn't put the apple jelly and spices on the pork chops until after he got home. After I added the jelly etc., I cooked the chops until the jelly became a medium thick glaze. I was surprised to see that instead of the jelly and spices overpowering the taste of the pork chops...they complimented them instead. It was so good that DH said we should keep apple jelly in the pantry so I can make this recipe again often. Thanks Creation In Hope for sharing this easy and very tasty entree'. Made for PAC Spring 2012.
- 6 pork chops (1/2 inch)
- seasoned flour, enough to coat pork chops in
- 2 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 2 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 3 tablespoons onions, minced
- 2⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup apple jelly
- 1⁄4 cup boiling water
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
Directions See How It's Made
- Turn chops in seasoned flour.
- Brown in bacon drippings.
- Place in shallow baking dish.
- Sprinkle with parsley and onion.
- Add water, cover and bake at 350 degrees about 1 hour.
- Mix ingredients for glaze.
- Pour over chops.
- Bake uncovered at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.