Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Pork chops in a smooth glaze with apples.
Make and share this Glazed Pork Chops recipe from Food.com.
- Heat butter in skillet.
- Cook chops for 10 min, or until browned on both sides.
- Remove from pan.
- Add to pan, water, soup mix, and sugar.
- Stir well.
- Add apple, stir to coat with sauce.
- Heat to boiling, return chops.
- Reduce heat to low.
- Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes.
- Mix cornstarch with 2 T water.
- Remove chops and apples to platter.
- Bring sauce to a boil.
- Stir in cornstarch, until smooth.
- Spoon over pork and apples.
I keep pulling up winners on recipezaar! this was great. pork chops were juicy, and the apples went well w/the onion mix. the sauce topped it all off perfectly! not too sweet overall, and if you add pepper to the chops while cooking them, you get a nice sweet/spicy taste to the dish. also, i cooked the sauce for a few minutes while stirring, while the recipe says just to stir till smooth. it turned out better. very good, i'll keep making this one for sure.
Very tasty, although the apple flavor was overshadowed by the onion soup mix. Next time I'll use more apple.
Not your typical sweet , dry glazed pork chop recipe. Pay close attention not to overcook the chop's or the fruit and your sure to please everyone.