Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is posted for Charishma, who really wants to color her popcorn! It comes from the Jell-O cookbook -- Fun and Fabulous Recipes
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup packed light brown sugar or 1⁄2 cup packed granulated sugar
- 1 package gelatin, any flavor
- Place popcorn in a large bowl.
- Heat butter and syrup in a small saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in brown sugar and gelatin, bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Reduce heat to low and gently simmer for 5 minutes.
- Pour syrup immediately over popcorn, tossing to coat well.
- Spread popcorn on an aluminum foil line 15 x 10 x 1 inch pan, using two forks to spread evenly.
- Bake in a preheated 300 degrees Fahrenheit oven for 10 minutes.
- Remove from pan and break into small pieces.
- Rainbow Popcorn: Prepare Glazed Popcorn 3 times, using 3 different gelatin colors, such as strawberry, lemon and lime.
- Bake as directed and break into pieces.
- Layer 3 cups of each variety in a 3 quart bowl.
- Serve remaining popcorn at another time.
Another great way to use Jell-o! We used the raspberry flavor and the color came out nice and bright and the crunch is similar to butter-toffee popcorn. I DO think this is a 2-person job and you have to be very attentive that you take it out of the oven right away because it burns easily! I am looking forward to trying different flavors!
i made these for my christmas gift baskets i use cherry the colors came out bright and beautiful and the flavor great