Prep 20 mins
Cook 50 mins
Great for company, this is simple, yet elegant! Adapted from Great Good Food by Julee Rosso.
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil (canola is recommended)
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 709.77 ml plums, pitted and chopped
- 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Lightly dust pan with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar, 1/2 cup oil, and butter until fluffy. Add dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, and buttermilk. Blend well. Whip egg whites until they hold a soft peak. Fold in egg whites.
- Carefully stir in plums and walnuts; pour the batter in the pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, heat the remaining 1/2 cup oil and brown sugar in a saucepan until hot. Add the milk, stir and set aside.
- Cool the cake in pan, then invert it onto a plate, and spoon the glaze over the top. Enjoy!
Really Great! I changed this a little to be more diabetic friendly: 2 cups apple butter in place of the sugar, vegetable oil and butter, and didn't put on the glaze. Left out the walnuts as personal preference. Resulting batter was thick, but cake had a really nice texture and I was able to safely serve it to my guests. Cooked for 50 minutes at 375.