Recipe by Sharon123
Great for company, this is simple, yet elegant! Adapted from Great Good Food by Julee Rosso.
Top Review by joannx
This was absolutely delicious! Don't pass this one up...this will be a favorite for a long time. Wanted to make something different besides the normal crisps and cobblers. I'm surprised there isn't more ratings. Make it.. you won't be sorry!
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 236.59 ml vegetable oil (canola is recommended)
- 59.16 ml unsalted butter, softened
- 709.77 ml flour
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2 egg yolks
- 4 egg whites
- 14.79 ml vanilla
- 59.14 ml buttermilk
- 709.77 ml plums, pitted and chopped
- 236.59 ml walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 118.29 ml brown sugar
- 29.58 ml milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 12 cup Bundt pan with cooking spray. Lightly dust pan with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar, 1/2 cup oil, and butter until fluffy. Add dry ingredients and mix until blended.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla, and buttermilk. Blend well. Whip egg whites until they hold a soft peak. Fold in egg whites.
- Carefully stir in plums and walnuts; pour the batter in the pan and bake for 50 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean.
- While the cake is baking, heat the remaining 1/2 cup oil and brown sugar in a saucepan until hot. Add the milk, stir and set aside.
- Cool the cake in pan, then invert it onto a plate, and spoon the glaze over the top. Enjoy!