Recipe by *Pixie*
Glazed Pineapple with Macadamia Nut Crunch
Top Review by alligirl
This was super easy and delicious! I love the tropical take on pineapple. I used pineapple rings, as that is what I had on hand, and I halved the recipe. This was wonderful as a side dish, and would be awesome on ice cream. Thanks for sharing, *Pixie.
- 1 large pineapple, ripe with end trimmed skin and eyes removed
- 1 cup macadamia nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄3 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the pineapple into 8 slices about 1-inch thick.
- For a decorative presentation you might want to cut notched grooves 1 inch apart on the top of each slice to suggest the grooves of a scallop shell.
- In a small bowl, combine the macadamia nuts, brown sugar and salt.
- Add the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- Place the pineapple slices on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of the nut mixture, or arrange in a graphic pattern over each pineapple slice.
- Broil the pineapple slices about 6 inches from the heat until the filling starts to caramelize, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Serve hot.