Glazed Pineapple with Macadamia Nut Crunch
Make and share this Glazed Pineapple With Macadamia Nut Crunch recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat the broiler.
- Cut the pineapple into 8 slices about 1-inch thick.
- For a decorative presentation you might want to cut notched grooves 1 inch apart on the top of each slice to suggest the grooves of a scallop shell.
- In a small bowl, combine the macadamia nuts, brown sugar and salt.
- Add the melted butter and stir until well blended.
- Place the pineapple slices on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Sprinkle with a few tablespoons of the nut mixture, or arrange in a graphic pattern over each pineapple slice.
- Broil the pineapple slices about 6 inches from the heat until the filling starts to caramelize, about 1-1/2 minutes.
- Serve hot.