Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
A tropical dessert that is quick and light.
- 1 lime, zest and juice
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, divided
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 2 teaspoons powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup low-fat creme fraiche
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 8 long wedges, skin and core removed
- Mix the lime juice and half the lime zest with 1 tablespoon honey, 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and nutmeg. Set this sauce aside.
- Stir the powdered sugar and 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon into the creme fraiche.
- Heat the butter and remaining honey in a non-stick frying pan until melted. Add the pineapple and cook over a high heat for 8 minutes, turning regularly until caramelized.
- Pour in the spiced lime sauce and bubble for a few seconds, tossing the pineapple to glaze in the sauce.
- Place 2 wedges of pineapple on each plate, sprinkle with the remaining lime zest and accompanied by a dollop of the cinnamon creme fraiche. Serve immediately.
This was sweet enough without adding the creme fraiche. Great dessert and interesting way to serve pineapple. I used a lime from my tree. Made for Family Picks.
Awesome. I had to make it as chunks rather than wedges to fit into the pan. The lime was perfect with the sweetness of the pineapple and the cinnamon creme fraiche was the perfect accompaniment. Made for ZWT9.