Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Oh my, sweet goodness! Adapted from Great Good Food by Julee Rosso!
Make and share this Glazed Pears recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, mix the lemon juice with 2 cups of water.
- Core the pears, slice them lengthwise into wedges, then chop into bite size pieces. Place the pears into the lemon water as your work, to prevent them from turning brown.
- Drain pears and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a large skillet, melt butter. Add the pears and cook over medium heat until the juices are released, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle the sugar over the pears, and keep cooking until the juices are absorbed, and the pears are glazed. Watch carefully so as not to burn the pears.
- Sprinkle pears with lemon juice and cook just a little longer. Taste and adjust with more lemon, if needed. Enjoy!
WOW... what a wonderful and delicious way to prepare fresh pears. :) Thanks Sharon123, for sharing this easy to make desert. I served this with spice cake crumbled on top and dollop of low-fat whipped cream on top. Yum Yum. I give this 5 stars of goodness.
This made me a fairly easy dessert which I topped with a little vanilla almond Special K. I thinkg it would be delicious with vanilla yogurt. I used a red pear. Yum!
This was really easy and delicious. I used bosc and red pears. Both were equally good. I served this with a dollop of non-fat yogurt.