Recipe by Sharon123
Mmmmm....pearl onions glazed with orange marmalade. From BHG.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
delicious, I used frozen small pearl onions and to avoid a watery sauce I paper towel dryed them thoroughly before adding to the skillet, I used butter in place of oil, great recipe thanks for posting Sharon!
- 1 lb white pearl onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup orange marmalade
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped (or chives)
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook onions in a medium saucepan in enough boiling water to cover for 1 minute. Drain well. Cool onions slightly and peel them. In the same saucepan cook the peeled onions, covered in a small amount of boiling lightly salted water for 10 minutes or till tender. Drain well and set aside.
- In a large skillet heat oil over mdium hight heat. Add the garlic and cook and stir about 30 seconds or until golden. Stir in the marmalade till melted. Stir in onions, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes or until marmalade is slightly thickened and coats onions. Stir in parsley or chives. Enjoy!
- If you like, leave out fresh onions and omit the cooking in boiling water. Substitue one 16 oz. pakg. frozen small whole onions and cook according to package directions until ;tender. Drain well and set aside. Proceed with cooking garlic, etc. Serve with a slotted spoon.