Recipe by Baby Kato
------This carrot dish was created for RSC 9. I hope you will enjoy all the flavours in this dish the subtle and the bold.------ Please feel free to use as much or as little of the brown sugar as you like.
- 6 large carrots, peeled, sliced diagonally
- 3 parsnips, peeled, sliced into strips
- 1⁄2 cup white pearl onion, peeled and halved
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange rind
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh fennel seed, ground into powder
- 1 cup orange juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 -2 1⁄2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 4 teaspoons red peppers, finely chopped (garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Put carrotes, parsnips, pearl onions and cinnamon stick into a large pot.
- Add the orange rind, thyme, garlic salt, powdered ginger and fennel into the orange juice and pour over the vegetables in the pot.
- Bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 15 - 20 minutes.
- Drain the vegetables and remove the cinnamon stick.
- Next add the butter and brown sugar to the cooked vegetables and cook on medium heat, gently stirring until all vegetables are glazed about 2 minutes.
- Garnish with finely chopped red peppers.