1/1 Photo of Glazed Pear Muffins ( Weight Watchers)
Marsha D.'s Note:
Found this recipe from a email I received from the Weight Watcher's site. I thought I'd share it here and to make sure I didn't lose the recipe. Points Valve :3
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large pears, ripen with skin
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Glaze
- 1Preheat oven to 375' and spray a muffin pan with a cooking spray.
- 2Core and chop the pears into tiny bite size pieces and place into a bowl.
- 3Add cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice to the bowl of pears. Stir and set aside.
- 4In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg, 1 teaspoons vanilla extract and milk. Set aside.
- 5In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- 6Make a well in center of the flour mixture and pour in the sour cream mixture and the fruit mixture, by adding in, in small batches. Mix until barely blended. Do not over beat!
- 7Drop by Tablespoons into prepared muffin tins. Fill 3/4 full.
- 8Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- 9Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes in the pan.
- 10Remove muffins from the tin and let cool completey before glazing the muffins.
- 11While they are cooling you can go ahead and make the glaze.
- 12In a bowl mix together powered sugar, ginger,.
- 13vanilla extract and water.
- 14Add another tsp of water if the glaze is to think.
- 15Spread a thin layer of glaze over each cooled muffin.
Browse Our Top Muffins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Pear Muffins ( Weight Watchers)
Serving Size: 1 (1120 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 168.3
- Calories from Fat 24
- Total Fat 2.7 g
- Saturated Fat 1.4 g
- Cholesterol 21.9 mg
- Sodium 195.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.7 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 3.3 g