Found this recipe from a email I received from the Weight Watcher's site. I thought I'd share it here and to make sure I didn't lose the recipe. Points Valve :3
- 2 large pears, ripen with skin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄3 cup skim milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
For the Glaze
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons warm water, more if necessary
- Preheat oven to 375' and spray a muffin pan with a cooking spray.
- Core and chop the pears into tiny bite size pieces and place into a bowl.
- Add cinnamon, sugar and lemon juice to the bowl of pears. Stir and set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together sour cream, egg, 1 teaspoons vanilla extract and milk. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, sift together flour, salt, baking soda and baking powder.
- Make a well in center of the flour mixture and pour in the sour cream mixture and the fruit mixture, by adding in, in small batches. Mix until barely blended. Do not over beat!
- Drop by Tablespoons into prepared muffin tins. Fill 3/4 full.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool 5 minutes in the pan.
- Remove muffins from the tin and let cool completey before glazing the muffins.
- While they are cooling you can go ahead and make the glaze.
- In a bowl mix together powered sugar, ginger,.
- vanilla extract and water.
- Add another tsp of water if the glaze is to think.
- Spread a thin layer of glaze over each cooled muffin.