Recipe by FloridaGrl
These were a big treat at our school lunchroom--sweet and chewy, and SO good!
Top Review by mums the word
These are great peanut butter bars and simple to make too. I used only chocolate chips for the glaze due to a food allergy. They turned out excellent and the kids loved them. Thx FloridaGrl.
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 3⁄4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter, peanut butter, sugars and the water. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, and vanilla. Combine the flour,oats, baking soda and salt;gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- Spread into a greased 15x10 inch baking pan. Bake at 325 for 18-22 minutes or until lightly browned.
- For glaze: In a microwave safe bowl, melt chips and peanut butter; pour over warm bars and spread evenly. Cool completely on a wire rack before cutting.