Prep 20 mins
Cook 35 mins
Great addition to holiday party trays.
- 1 cup butter
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups peach preserves
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1⁄2 cups slivered almonds
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon almond extract
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter, sugar and flour. Press evenly on the bottom of a lightly greased 13x9x2 inch baking pan. Bake at 350* for 15-20 minutes or until golden around the edges.
- Remove from oven and top with preserves. Allow to stand 2-3 minutes, then spread preserves evenly over crust with the back of a spoon.
- To prepare topping, combine flour, sugar, butter and almond extract. Beat slowly several minutes to blend, then sprinkle evenly over preserves.
- Sprinkle with almonds. Bake an additional 20-25 minutes or until bubbly with golden edges. Cool completely on wire rack.
- To prepare glaze, whisk confectioners sugar, milk and almond extract until smooth, drizzle over bars. Cut into squares.
This is a fabulous recipe - I did not have enough peach preserves, so I used a combination of apricot preserves and a peach-mango preserve. I also used sliced instead of slivered almonds! I'll bet this would be good with raspberry or cherry preserves as well! Thanks so much for a great recipe!