Prep 10 mins
Cook 7 mins
Cooking Light. Nov 2003.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 3 cups peeled parsnips (julienne-cut in 2 inch pieces)
- 1⁄4 cup packed dark brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons tomato juice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Add parsnip and the remaining ingredients; stir until well blended.
- Cover and cook 7 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
I would give this recipe more stars if I could - Delightful. I enjoy parsnips and cook them quite frequently. This recipe would make a parsnip lover out of anyone. I cut the sugar back & used Splenda brown. The cooking time is right on - 7 minutes was all it took from raw to finish. I prepared the parsnips hours ahead of time and put the julienne strips in cold water so they wouldn't discolor. Thanks for a recipe that will be repeated often