1/3 Photos of Glazed Orange-Hoisin Chicken
1 hr 40 mins
This is a delicious sweet and savory chicken recipe made in the oven. I like to use thighs and legs but you can use chicken breasts as well...but it's best with the skin on. Allow at least 30 minutes for marinading, 2 hours is best. **** Note that this is not a marinade, but a sauce that you bake the chicken it. Do not throw out all of the delicious sauce!! Use it over the chicken and/or rice as you serve.****
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili paste
- 1 large garlic clove, pressed
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon dark sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon ginger paste or 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped for garnish
- 3 lbs chicken legs with thigh, with skin
- 1Combine ingredients up to marmalade in a large bowl and mix well.
- 2Wash and pat dry the chicken legs and thighs.
- 3Preheat oven to 375°F.
- 4Place the chicken in a large shallow roasting pan or baking dish Pour the hoisin marmalade sauce over the top. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes, or until the chicken is done. (Time also depends on how plump your legs and thighs are - the fatter, the longer the time).
- 5Baste with juices one or two times during the baking process.
- 6When finished, remove chicken from roasting pan onto serving platter. Spoon some sauce over it and garnish with the scallion. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed Orange-Hoisin Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (279 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.4
- Calories from Fat 270
- Total Fat 30.0 g
- Saturated Fat 8.1 g
- Cholesterol 188.6 mg
- Sodium 1209.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 13.4 g
- Protein 43.2 g