Recipe by IAteMyGluestick
This is a great recipe from The Good Housekeeping All-American Cookbook. I used to hate eating carrots until I tried this recipe. Kids are guaranteed to love this recipe! It's quick and easy and made from foods that are around the house.
Top Review by Miss Annie in Indy
I made this the lazy way, in the microwave. Layered the baby carrots in dish, dotted with butter, sprinkled with brown sugar and nutmeg and nuked for 5 minutes. No salt. One wonderful dish (and one dish clean up). The nutmeg is perfect in this recipe. Thanks for posting gluestick.
- 453.59 g carrot, cut into 2 inch sticks (or even better, 1 lb baby carrots)
- 29.58 ml butter or 29.58 ml margarine
- 29.58 ml brown sugar
- 1.23 ml ground nutmeg
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add carrots and just enough water to cover them with 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, then cook carrots for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender-crisp; drain well.
- Return the carrots to the saucepan.
- Mix in the butter or margarine, the sugar, 1/4 teaspoons salt and the nutmeg.
- Return the mixture to the heat and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the carrots are glazed.
- Transfer glazed carrots to a warmed bowl and serve.