This is a great recipe from The Good Housekeeping All-American Cookbook. I used to hate eating carrots until I tried this recipe. Kids are guaranteed to love this recipe! It's quick and easy and made from foods that are around the house.
- In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add carrots and just enough water to cover them with 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover, then cook carrots for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender-crisp; drain well.
- Return the carrots to the saucepan.
- Mix in the butter or margarine, the sugar, 1/4 teaspoons salt and the nutmeg.
- Return the mixture to the heat and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the carrots are glazed.
- Transfer glazed carrots to a warmed bowl and serve.