1/5 Photos of Glazed (Or Candied) Carrots
This is a great recipe from The Good Housekeeping All-American Cookbook. I used to hate eating carrots until I tried this recipe. Kids are guaranteed to love this recipe! It's quick and easy and made from foods that are around the house.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat, add carrots and just enough water to cover them with 1/4 teaspoons salt.
- 2Bring to a boil.
- 3Cover, then cook carrots for 15 minutes or until the carrots are tender-crisp; drain well.
- 4Return the carrots to the saucepan.
- 5Mix in the butter or margarine, the sugar, 1/4 teaspoons salt and the nutmeg.
- 6Return the mixture to the heat and cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until the carrots are glazed.
- 7Transfer glazed carrots to a warmed bowl and serve.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Glazed (Or Candied) Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 124.3
- Calories from Fat 54
- Total Fat 6.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.7 g
- Cholesterol 15.2 mg
- Sodium 130.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 12.1 g
- Protein 1.1 g