Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A nice addition to your side dishes. And easy to make.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen small whole onions (completely thawed- thaw in a strainer to drain off the water release)
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, minced
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. add the thawed onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until they begin to brown on all sides, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Sprinkle with the brown sugar and gently stir in the mustard to make a smooth coating for the onions. Cook for 2 minutes more. Season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the fresh parsley.
- Serve hot or warm.