A rich glaze of honey and ketchup with baby onions or slices of onions. Good over hot dogs and hamburgers, for something a little different.
- Preset oven to 350 degrees.
- Boil 24 small peeled onions, the cocktail size, if you can find them. Boil JUST until almost done through, about 15-20 minutes. Drain. Pour into casserole dish.
- Mix butter and hot water until butter is melted. Add honey and ketchup. Mix well. Pour over onions.
- Cover and bake about 20 minutes. Stir about every 6-8 minutes to stop them from sticking to the casserole and get evenly covered with the glaze while baking.
- Serve as a side dish or on hot dogs or hamburgers if you slice the onions instead of using the small whole onions.
- I have diced the onions and did this, but not precooked them. It was a little more difficult to stir them every 2 minutes to keep them from sticking.
- Baking is what gives them the extra flavor. You might be able to do this on the stovetop, but I am not sure if they would have the same flavor as these do. ENJOY!