Recipe by Ms*Bindy
Posted for Zaar World Tour 2005. Recipe is from Moosewood. My cookbook says this will go well as a side with Mushroom Pie
Top Review by OKRaeRae
Wish I could give more stars! I will triple this next time, it was wonderful. I used Weber's horseradish mustard as that's all I ever have. I served this with London broil. It was a restaurant quality meal, but it was too easy.
- 1 lb boiling onions (about 1 1/2 - 2 inches in diameter)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rosemary
- 1 -2 teaspoon tamari soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Blanch the peeled onions for 5 minutes in boiling salted water.
- Drain them, pat them dry and set aside.
- Melt the butter in a skillet. Add the remaining ingredients and stir until smooth.
- Add the onions and saute on low heat, occasionally basting the onions with the glaze.
- Turn the onions over at least once.
- After about 10 minutes, the glaze will be somewhat reduced and thickened and the onions golden brown.
- Serve immediately.