Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This recipe is a great combination of sweet and savory. Use any kind of nuts you like; my favorite combination is cashews, almonds and pecan halves. Be sure to use fresh spices. It makes a huge difference. I make this for Christmas gifts. It ships well and everyone likes it!
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon season salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 egg white (I sometimes need 2)
- 3 cups mixed nuts, your choice
- Preheat oven to 250.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, allspice, seasoned salt, nutmeg, and black pepper in a large bowl. Set aside.
- Beat egg white until foamy. Add nuts, tossing to coat. Add to spice mixture tossing to coat evenly.
- Spread nuts on a greased baking sheet (a baking stone works great for this) in a single layer. Bake one hour, stirring once. Cool slightly on the baking sheet and break apart, if need be. Cool completely and then store in an airtight container up to two weeks.
Made these for DH who loves the mix of sweet, salty and spicy, and he told me to rate it with 5 stars and make them again soon LOL. As he hates nutmeg, I used some ground ginger instead which evidently was good. Also I used erythritol instead of sugar which worked perfectly. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
Made for Denise's win on football pool 2010 week 5.
Good simple recipe. Any one can make these. I actually made 2 batches because they got eaten before the party. Made for Football Pool 10 week 5
Yummy! Not nearly as sweet as most glazed nuts with which I am familiar...which is a nice change. Perfect for office parties. I used walnuts, pecans, hazelnuts and blanched almonds. Great blend!