Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Broiled pork chops topped with fresh spinach and delicious cheese. Serve with your favorite roasted potatoes! I have also grilled these pork chops or cooked them on the stove top when trying to avoid using the stove during hot summer months.
- 1 lb pork chop (4 1-inch thick)
- 3 tablespoons whole grain mustard (or dijon mustard)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano, dried
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- 3 sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 red onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup feta cheese (crumbled)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- Preheat oven to broil setting.
- Whisk mustard, lemon juice, clove of garlic and oregano in a small bowl.
- Brush onto both sides of pork chops.
- Place pork chops into dish - broil on first side for 6 minutes. Flip chops, brush any remaining glaze onto the meat and broil until golden brown (approximately 5 minutes).
- While pork chops are cooking, heat extra virgin olive oil over medium high heat in a sauce pan. Add sliced red onion and saute until tender (about 3 minutes).
- To the same pan, add the spinach and garlic salt. Once it begins to wilt (about 1 minute), add the chopped sundried tomato.
- Once spinach is completely wilted (about 2-3 minutes), add feta cheese and toss to mix.
- Plate pork chops and top with spinach mixture. Serve immediately.
Quick & easy dish to make - the flavors blended beautifully. I used a 9oz bag fresh spinach, added a chopped fresh tomato to the mixture, a couple of shakes of greek seasoning. Yum!