Prep 20 mins
Cook 26 mins
This combination goes well with almost any entree.
- 1 lb white onion, small
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb fresh white mushroom, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary leaf, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil.
- Add the onions and cook for 30 seconds.
- Pour the onions into a colander and cool under running water. Drain well.
- With a small sharp knife, trim off a thin layer from the root end of each onion and slip off the skin.
- In a large skillet with a tight-fitting cover over medium heat, melt butter.
- Add the onions, mushrooms, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Toss gently to coat the vegetables with the butter.
- Cover and reduce to low heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the juices have evaporated and the vegetables are glazed, 20 to 25 minutes.
- Serve hot.