Recipe by Kendra*
I think this recipe originally came from the Pillsbury Family Cookbook, but I've made some changes over the years. I usually serve this with scalloped potatoes and baked beans. It's my husband's #1 favorite dinner and smells absolutely wonderful while it's baking.
Top Review by jaynine
I really enjoyed this meatloaf. The glaze was wonderful to me, OK to my DS, and not so great for my husband, who does not have a sweet tooth. But I think the meatloaf would be great on its own, maybe next time I'll cut the glaze in half to tone down the sweetness.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal, uncooked
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine meat loaf ingredients and form into a loaf shape.
- Place in a 7x11 inch baking pan.
- Combine glaze ingredients and pour over meat loaf.
- I find that it works best to first combine sugar and mustard, then add vinegar and worcestershire.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour.
- Let"rest" for 10-15 minutes before slicing.