Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 20 mins
I make this for my family a lot. It's my daughter's favorite.
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup crushed saltine crackers
- 1 small chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Beat eggs in bowl.
- Stir in milk, crackers, onion, salt, pepper, sage and garlic powder.
- Add beef.
- Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf in ungreased shallow baking pan.
- Bake in 350° oven for 1 hour.
- Spread glaze topping over meatloaf.
- Whatever you have left, keep for dipping of meatloaf.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes longer.
Great meatloaf. Not mushy, not dry like some recipes tend to get...<br/> I will leave sage out next time...personal preference.
OMG, OMG, OMG....OMG!!!!!!! This is Soooooooooooooo good!! That is all.
This was a great meatloaf! The taste was great and it didn't crumble apart when slicing. I used 1/2 # ground italian sausage for 1/2# of the ground beef, but followed the rest exactly. The flavor is great and I would not change a thing!