Recipe by Hannibal Homegirl
A wonderful mix of savory and sweet.
Top Review by I'mPat
I scaled back for 3 serves and had enough for 4 but the DS soon polished that off to the DM's disappointment, though personally I found the glaze a little too sweet but I knew that would more than likely be the case but the meat was very tasty. I baked at 175C fan forced for a total of 35minutes (the glaze was put on for the last 5 minutes) and I used very lean minced beef,thank you Hannibal Homegirl and KateL for the recommendation, made for I Recommend tag game.
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice, divided
- 1 teaspoon mustard powder
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 3 slices dry bread, torn in small pieces or 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a small bowl, combine ketchup,brown sugar, 1 T. of lemon juice, and the mustard powder.
- In a separate bowl, combine ground beef, onion, egg, bread, boullion, the remaining lemon juice, and 1/3 of the ketchup mixture. Mix well and place in a 5X9 inch loaf pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour. Drain excess fat and coat with remaining ketchup mixture, bake 10 minutes more.