Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This meatloaf is unusual but very tasty! Makes great open faced sandwiches the next day.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 3⁄4 cup oatmeal
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- Combine beef, oatmeal, seasonings, onion, 1/2 tsp worcestershire sauce, milk& egg; mix well.
- Place mixture in loaf pan.
- Pierce top with a fork.
- Combine remaining ingredients in sauce pan; blend well.
- Heat sauce to boiling.
- Pour 3/4 of sauce over the loaf.
- Bake 350 for 45 minutes.
- Spoon remaining sauce over loaf before slicing.
A very easy recipe to make. Serving some of the sauce after the meatloaf is sliced is a great idea. Served it with scalloped potatoes. Meatloaf and Scallope Potatoes is my husbands favorite birthday meal. Thanks for posting.
This is a really good meatloaf. I liked the touch of sweetness from the brown sugar glaze. Can't wait to make it again. LisaA, thanks for a great recipe.
This meatloaf has a very good flavor and it makes a nice looking dish. I recommend this for someone who doesn't like the traditional style meatloaf. I have made this recipe twice within one week. My family loves this ,and their not big meatloaf eaters.