Recipe by Doris Barrick
I like this meat loaf because my dh doesn't like to many things added to his meat loaf such as onions, peppers etc. the horseradish adds a great deal of moisture and taste to this recipe.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 3⁄4 cup seasoned bread crumbs or 3⁄4 cup cracker crumb
- 2 eggs, slighly beaten
- 1⁄4 cup catsup
- 1 teaspoon red beets (optional) or 1 teaspoon regular horseradish (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
- 4 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine beef,bread or cracker crumbs, eggs. ketsup, horseradish and water in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Shape into a loaf on a well greased jelly roll pan.
- Mix 4 Tbsp catsup and 2 tablespoons soy sauce for meatloaf glaze.
- Bake in a 350°F oven for 30 minutes.
- Baste with half the glaze and bake an additional 30 minutes longer.
- Dilute remaining glaze with 1/2 cup water. Pour over loaf for a nice gravy and bake 10 minutes longer.