Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family enjoys these when we have "appetizer night". These aren't italian meatballs for spaghetti or meatball subs, they have a sweet glaze.
- 3 slice white bread
- 158.51 ml milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 14.79 ml prepared horseradish
- 1.23 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper, freshly ground
- 680.38 g ground beef
- 118.29 ml ketchup
- 59.14 ml water
- 59.14 ml soy sauce
- 59.14 ml maple syrup
- 4.92 ml ground allspice
- 2.46 ml dry mustard
- Soak the bread in the milk. Combine the bread, eggs, horseradish, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl; beat well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add the ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Place meatballs on a papertowel covered plate to absorb any excess grease.
- Combine the ketchup and remaining ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve warm.