Recipe by breezermom
My family enjoys these when we have "appetizer night". These aren't italian meatballs for spaghetti or meatball subs, they have a sweet glaze.
- 3 slices white bread
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper, freshly ground
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the bread in the milk. Combine the bread, eggs, horseradish, salt, and pepper in a mixing bowl; beat well at medium speed of an electric mixer.
- Add the ground beef; mix well. Shape mixture into 1 inch balls. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake at 450 degrees for 10 to 15 minutes. Place meatballs on a papertowel covered plate to absorb any excess grease.
- Combine the ketchup and remaining ingredients in a saucepan; cook over medium heat until bubbly, stirring occasionally.
- Add the meatballs to the sauce, and cook until thoroughly heated. Serve warm.