Prep 15 mins
Cook 16 mins
Delicious and easy carrot recipe adapted from a magazine. The spiced rum adds great flavor.
- 2 lbs carrots, scraped and sliced diagonally
- 2⁄3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons spiced rum
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped pecans, toasted
- Steam carrots over boiling water for 10 minutes or until they are crisp tender.
- Put steamed carrots in a serving bowl and gently stir in marmalade until the marmalade melts.
- Combine the next three ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until the butter and brown sugar melt. Remove from heat and stir in the pecans.
- Pour over the carrot mixture in the serving bowl and toss gently.