Prep 5 mins
Cook 3 mins
Beets and oranges together!
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 (15 ounce) canssliced beets, drained
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges, drained
- salt and pepper
- In a large saucepan, combine the sugar and cornstarch.
- Add lemon juice and butter.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 mins, or until thickened.
- Stir in beets; heat through.
- Gently stir in oranges; heat through.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I made these the other night. I cut the recipe in 1/2 because I only had one can of beets. It turned out a little too sweet for my taste, but I served them cold on some baby spinach and that was pretty good.